THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Wow! What else can be said about such a night! First off, we left extremely early to stand outside in line in the 105 degree (no joke) heat. By the time we got inside we were on the verge of heat strokes. We RAN, not walked, RAN to claim our treasure…2nd row seats! WooHoo! That made all the heat a little more bearable! After claiming our seats, we went back out to the product tables and graced the guys with our presence once again. We took a few pictures and talked with a couple of message boarders. Doug said “Man, it’s been a LONG time since we have seen you guys!” Haha…it’s only been 12 hours! All 5 of us wore our matching shirts so they really couldn’t miss us…we stuck out in a good way!

After the opening “concert” from Bill Gaither we all joined in the clapping chant for our SSQ! They ran out on stage and the fun began! They opened with “Someday” and went right into “Our Debts Will Be Paid”. “Glory to God in the Highest” came next and that’s when I lost the note pad….all it takes is one “jumping up and clapping fit” and I lose my note pad! I do apologize so very much for not having a “real” song list. I will try to make up for it!

Gordon sang his new song, “Don’t Let Me Miss The Glory” and I bought the CD just for that song. It’s wonderful! He sang a few more while the guys were taking a little break. He talked about his wife and the new arrival that is soon to join this world sometime in September. What a super guy…there are just no other words to describe him. I must give two thumb up to our crowd…we were very motivated! Gordon Mote came back from intermission in an Alabama Football jersey….we love our football here! The back of the jersey said “G. Mote”…too funny! Gordon was trying to explain to Ernie the love we all have for some good college football here in Alabama, which led to a new twist on an old joke from Ernie. The guys did a couple of songs with only Gordon playing…those were a nice surprise for us!

How could I not mention the “Happy Bear”? He made his big entrance and had the whole crowd singing along. I bought one of the bear’s last night and I love it! I have played it several times since then. It makes me feel like I am at a concert!

After Gordon sang another new song for us, Ernie’s stories of George’s neighbor brought tears to every eye in the crowd—including the ones on stage! George ‘loved him’ to Jesus….that is a great story! I will never get tired of hearing it!

After “I Pledge My Allegiance”, Ernie had all the veterans to remain standing—the thing about tonight that was different from any other concert I had been to was that Ernie had the guys passed out special made T-shirts for all the veterans. I cannot remember exactly what they said, but you should have seen the number of veterans that were there—Thank God for our troops! That particular part of the concert was very moving and Spirit filled….we applauded our veterans for what felt like an eternity. I still have glory bumps and if I could put in words what I saw on the faces of all the guys, you would cry. I am still wiping tears off my face.

As the concert progressed you could really tell that the Spirit was in Birmingham Alabama. This, by far, has been the best concert I have seen. There was not a dry eye in the house during Ernie’s stories and speeches. Doug’s tears brought tears to my eyes and from there on out we all needed a little Kleenex. This is the first time I had ever seen Ernie in tears—what a blessing to hear and see the love he has for his Lord and Savior.

During “He Made A Change”, I always love the part where Ernie and Doug sing together. There’s just something about those two voices together that I love. Gordon stepped up and helped out some on that one. I feel like that song was meant just for me….HE MADE A CHANGE!

During “Pray For Me”, we had a little surprise for all the guys that went over perfectly! I hate to give the story away because we talked it over with Ernie about doing it again at the Macon concert in September since we have front row seats. Ernie had a great suggestion about it….so, I won’t spoil the surprise. Those of you that saw it…you are sworn to secrecy…..All the guys loved it! Doug caught us coming out after the concert was over and he LOVED it! I wish I could have videoed it, but I was a part of it. Ryan’s exact words were…” You guys are CRAZY!” (That should be enough to keep your interests peaked!)

“John In the Jordan” always cracks me up! That Ryan…he is quite a sight to see! His grandmother was there for the show. She sat right behind us and she was a darling! She jumped up and cheered her grandbaby on during “Get Away Jordan”.

“I Then Shall Live” is the real tear jerker of the evening. I know I have said this before, but I am going to say it again….when the music is building up and they burst into “Your Kingdom come…” I could just leap out of my skin! I love that song and from the applause and tears, so did everyone else. Ernie was really feeling the Spirit by now. There are no words to express how genuine and wonderful this concert was. And on top of the heartfelt speech after, Ernie sang “Oh What A Savior”….he was just determined to keep us all crying, but in a good way.

After the concert, we got to spend some “quality” time with David and Ernie…what crazy guys! I love the pics we got with them. Thanks Ernie, for being so….You! Doug makes me smile no matter what he does, can’t help being drawn to his personality and smile. Ryan still amazes me…he used to be so shy….what happened to him!? Tim….what can you NOT say about Tim!

This has been the BEST concert I have seen! I hope that SSQ decides to come back next year! We were a full house, but more importantly, we left with the Spirit of God in our hearts and minds, and a sweet sweet sound in our ears! I love you guys! Thanks for all you do!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

No fair! Why do you get to have all the fun?

Meg said...

Hey Jen, Meg here, please message me what you did for Ryan during Pray For Me. I'll see them in September in Clayton, OH, so I'm just curious. Loved your concert report. Haha, you were standing out in the heat and early Feb this year I was standing out in the cold for 'em for the second row too. LOL

Anonymous said...

I absolutely loved reading your report on the concert! Great job on the report, though I still wish I could have been there! :) By the way, I'm from the MB, though I actually clicked to your blog because I saw your cute picture with Doug on Brittney's blog. :)