THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 1, 2007

I'm Baaack!

Wow! Where should I even start! Our flight left on time and we arrived in DFW at about 10:30 Saturday. We then proceeded to the "Fridays" at the airport. We had to waste some time until our check-in at the hotel. We rented a car...a PT Cruiser....man, that thing was U-G-L-Y!!! That was pretty much all there was left to choose from! After renting the car we checked into the hotel. This was by far the nicest hotel I have ever stayed at....I felt a little uneasy driving around DFW with only mapquest at my side, but it got us to the hotel so I guess I can't complain too much. When we got to the hotel, the two lazy folks took a nap while I tried to get all our stuff together for the concert. I took my photo album with all our concert pictures in it for the guys to sign. (I was hoping they wouldn't put out a restraining order on me after seeing ALL those pics). Good news, we only missed 2 turns on the way to the auditorium Saturday! :-)


As soon as we drove up into the parking lot, we got out and took a few pictures of the auditorium. We started to walk back to our car when what did I see.....Erniefan and her brother, Warren! I spotted Warren's red suspenders and then Erniefan's curly hair and I knew that had to be them....I hurried over to their truck and there it was.....instant hugs and laughs! We waited a while to actually get in the auditorium, so Erniefan, Warren, Lindsey, mom, and I just stood around talking for a while. Lindsey and I went in to find a restroom and we saw a few familiar faces. We took a peak inside the seating area but got run off by a "mean old lady" sitting in the back row eating popcorn...she was really rude! I guess she thought we were gonna steal a chair or something...LOL We DID have PERMISSION to be in there....anyway, when the doors officially opened, we found our seats....WAY up in the balcony, then went back down to take some pictures with the guys and MB'ers. I met sweet miss Hannah and her mom~such sweet smiling faces to remember! I met Janet...it was so nice to finally "see" the real person! Of course, long awaited hugs were exchanged and pictures were taken ***Janet, if you are reading this, don't forget to send me a copy of our picture together***


The funniest part of the Saturday show had to be when they sang "John In The Jordan". There are no words to describe how funny that was! After the concert, we went to Chili's and ate supper. I don't know if we got there really early or really late because we missed the MB table until we had already ordered....OOPS! After we ate, we went over and took some more pictures with the MB and talked for a while. I met several MB'ers~ Janet, Brayden, Kylan, Pam, Gran, Hannah, Diane, Kay, Warren, Aleisha, Misti, Ricks, Mitch...I may have left someone out. My memory is still fried from all those concert memories :-) After all that talking and eating, it was probably close to 12:30 AM before we got back to the hotel, so we were really tired.


Sunday, we got up late so we were rushing to get checked out on time. We left the hotel around 11:30 and ate "breakfast" at Denny's near the auditorium. Afterwards, we kept looking for a grocery store or department store of some kind to buy some sunglasses for Lindsey....no luck! We eventually parked at the auditorium about an hour before the doors opened. We got more pictures and more hugs from all the MB'ers there. I tried to get a poster signed, but Ernie was really hard to keep up with that night. I got the poster's signed by everybody but him....oh well...I will try again in Georgia. Thanks to a **MB angel**, we got the center section, 3rd row seats for Sunday's concert!!! That was so much better than sitting way up in the balcony! I loved every minute of the concert! "John In The Jordan" was even funnier sitting up close!


We had to leave the Sunday concert early because we had a plane to catch so we left around 5:30. We had to return the rental car and find our way to get our plane tickets and the correct gate. As luck would have it, our flight was delayed over 2 hours and switched gates 4 times! We could have stayed for the entire concert! Ahhh!!! We ended up getting home at 2:00 AM and I had to be back up at 4 for clinicals....I am still recuperating from the lack of sleep! I had such a wonderful time in Texas this weekend! A little sleep deprivation is a small price to pay for such a wonderful trip! I hope to do it again soon.....just maybe with a better airline experience and better directions! Being lost in a big city with a time limit is scary!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooohhh!!! Why didn't you take me??? I am glad you had such a great time. I saw your pics on myspace also....W-O-W!
Love ya!

Brittney said...

wow, what a great report! Oh my, so, so, gooooood! I love all the pictures. Such great shots you got, and goooooooooooood memories! thanks for sharing them. Wish I could'a been there. :'( ((HUGS)) to you!