THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 3, 2008

What happened?

I really don't know how I let my blog get into the shape that it's in! One might speculate that nursing school is getting all of my attention, but I think it's because I have somehow wandered into a spiritual valley and don't quite know how to make it back out. Nursing school is taking up a lot of my time, but I still need to have time for God. He gave his son for me--a sinner like me--so that I would have everlasting life. "The least I can do is make time for Him"...it's easy to get into that mindset, but I don't think that's a very good place to be. I don't think I should have to 'make' time for God. ALL my time should be for God first and foremost, then everything else will fall into place. I am struggling with some "inner demons" and I can't seem to get away from the things that bind me to this particular valley. A very good friend has helped me out and I feel her words are wise and true...

Girl, everyone walking this earth has 'bumps', some big ones too! You must forgive yourself. That clears the path for God to truly work in your life, pruning the branches until you begin the fruit He wants you to be, ..." I am the vine, you are the branches..." You can never out love the Lord, yet as humans we can put up roadblocks through our own need to milk our hurt and disappointment in ourselves...don't go there! God would rather you spend that emotional energy praising Him, not pitying yourself~Think about it!

I am guilty of putting up that roadblock and it's a hard one to take down, but I keep remembering a verse from my favorite Doug Anderson song--

" If your lost and confused wondering where it will end,
There’s a way you can know that wherever you’ve been,
You can make your way home and be forgiven again!"

I love knowing that no matter what happens--GOD LOVES US AND FORGIVES US FOR OUR SINS! All we have to do is ask and believe, pray about it, and truly repent. God's love knows no boundaries!

0 comments: