THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

My first attempt....

I took piano lessons YEARS ago and learned just enough to play for our church. I can play most hymns without a problem. I've never been good at all that "play by ear" stuff...NEVER! I have to have the music sitting in front of me--and even then, depending on the difficulty of the song, I may have to practice a lot before it's good enough to sing by....oh, and I DO NOT sing either...LOL

I had some trouble sleeping a while back and decided that nothing would frustrate me more than trying to play a song by ear. I got up, turned the keyboard on, and the wheels started turning in my head..."Which song should I try to butcher tonight?" After all, this being the first attempt at a "all by ear" song, I wanted it to be a good one...LOL

My favorite guys sing a song called Reason Enough. It's a great song and it had been stuck in my head ever since we went to Iowa last year! I catch myself watching the video clip from the concert over and over. After hearing this song about a million times (by choice of course) I decided this was a good one to work on.

A couple hours later, this is what I ended up with--not a masterpiece, I know.....but for my first effort, I thought it wasn't THAT bad...LOL

This song was written by E. Haase, W. Haun, and J. Lindsey

LINE-2008-05-04_00h07m45s.mp3



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

NICE, Jen!! I wouldn't have even attempted that. You go girl! :)

DavidPlunk said...

Jen that is so awesome. I am glad you liked my version of 'Reason Enough'. By The way, cool Blog layout. I like it!

Anonymous said...

Wow! That sounds really good! I play piano, and I don't think I would attempt to try that song, even though I can play by ear. Ha however, I have caught myself just playing the melody, and i really didnt even realize it til my dad asked what I was playing!
Good job! :D