THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 4, 2008

Talent close to home is worth the drive :-)

Tonight I went to Double Oak Community Church in Birmingham to hear the one, the only, Wes Hampton. I knew he lived around here, but I didn't realize that all that stood between me and a "Wes-only concert" was a 20-25 minute drive up 280! He is absolutely a wonderful singer! I am so accustomed to hearing him do 'Gaither' material so I was in for a surprise when I heard different songs. They were all beautiful songs--I wish I knew the names of them...LOL.
He sang a few familiar to me, one of which I thought could only be done justice by Marshall Hall, but I was mistaken---Wes nailed it! His wife, Andrea, sang two songs with him and she has a beautiful voice also. I didn't know she was a singer. The Praise Choir joined Wes in singing on some of the songs and they are fantastic as well! His two little boys were there and are as cute as can be. Most of you that keep up with my blog know that my life almost revolves around seeing EH&SS, but this was pretty close to being a perfect night too! Wes is one of the nicest people I have met in the gospel industry. He is very easy to approach and has a great memory of the fans he meets. I can't wait till I can do this again :-)

2 comments:

DavidPlunk said...

So glad that you got to go. Did you know that Double Oak is Wes' home church. I read that on his blog. I know it was wonderful!

Anonymous said...

wes....you-re great....i-m so glad that God uses you..be blessed.