THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

~Another day closer~

As the weekend draws nearer, I am increasingly excited about the Jackson concert. So excited in fact, that it is hard to focus on the major studying I should be doing to prepare for the huge test that will await my return.

I have this "complex" about applying situations to my spiritual walk. For example....I have charged several sets of batteries, checked my camera, confirmed reservations, and made sure my directions were printed and tucked safely away with my tickets. I treat this like a very special moment in my life......

What about God? Have I charged my soul for worship and for following Christ? Have I checked my relationship with our Heavenly Father? Have I confirmed my love for Him by my actions? Have I been following God's directions? How will I know which way to go? This way, or that way.... Everytime I think about a "direction" to take, I think about the poem that every high-school junior had to memorize....The Road Not Taken by Robert Frost.

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth.
Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same.
And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.


In this crazy thing we call life, there are so many distractions, temptations, and evil "lures" to drag us under. I hope, that in addition to being prepared for a weekend trip, that I have prepared myself spiritually for the real "special moment" in life.....following Christ.

2 comments:

Brittney said...

Wow, that's really encouraging, Jenniboo! Thanks for the inspiration. I love how you corrollated the anticipation of a concert to our walk with God.

I tell you what, nothing like a siggy concert to draw you closer to God, eh?

Have a really, really, really good time, and then some. If it's overjoyous for you, that's because the surplus joy is mine. :D

Anonymous said...

Hey Jennifer! I just love your blog! What a neat place. :-) This post really ministered to me...wow...what a reminder to think about what ARE we really focusing on?? Thank you. I love seeing God in the everyday happenings of life!