THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

~*Hope*~

What is hope?
An everyday dictionary may tell you that hope is to cherish a desire with anticipation, but what exactly IS hope? A few years ago at the "little church" that I used to play the piano for, the pastor gave us this quote about "hope". His definition of hope was this:

"My visions of the future are greater than my memories of the past."

Just think about that for a moment..."My visions of the future are greater than my memories of the past". That just blows my mind sometimes. Maybe I am thinking to deep or maybe I need to think even deeper. That quote has stayed in my Bible ever since the words escaped our pastor's mouth. I often look back at this quote and reflect on the things that I have "hoped" for in my life and how those things have either come to pass or have disappeared completely from my mind. I do not know the origin of the quote. I am unsure if it was from our pastor, or if he was inspired to share it from a devotional, but the words of that quote stay with me even now....2 years later.

Just a little something to think about the next time you are hopeful about something.


1 comments:

Brittney said...

wow, what a statement! I really like that! Thanks so much for sharing this. It's very, very inspiring to me and something I needed to hear! Love you girl!